Our client is looking for a software tester for a 12 month contract. Must have testing experience and ideally have experience within the Life Assurance sector.
– Planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
– Engineering, using and maintaining test ware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc.) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
– Defines test conditions for given requirements.
– Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided.
– Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans.
– Analyses and reports test activities and results. Identifies and reports issues and risks.
– Uses established techniques as directed to identify potential problems and specify acceptance criteria in clear and precise terms in order to ensure protection from identified system weaknesses.
– Assists in more complex requirements activities and ensures that testing is adequately planned for and is appropriate.
– Assists in requirement specification and solutions design to ensure that requirements are clear and that proposed solutions satisfy those requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Educated to a bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification or extensive relevant experience in career history
– Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a software testing role.
– Experience of defining requirements and communicating those requirements to others.
– Attention to detail demonstrated by applying appropriate quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Flexible and can take account of new information or changed circumstances and/or business requirements and modifying response to a problem or situation accordingly.
– Goal Orientated & pragmatic to focus on delivering agreed objectives.
– Display a ‘can-do’ attitude.
– Excellent problem solving skills.
– Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.