The purpose of this role is to ensure the timely trade settlement of all investment transactions and to accurately administer external custodian accounts and custody records.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– To receive / chase and input all deal confirmations and contract notes within agreed procedures and time scales to ensure that trades settle within deadlines,
– To input and assist with the checking of all Investment related transactions accurately and in line with system access rights and agreed procedures,
– Correctly allocate all settlement proceeds and deposit maturities received in line with agreed procedure and reconciliation guidelines ensuring that coverall renunciations are in place where possible,
– Administer cash and stock settlements, including the failed trades report to ensure they are made in a timely and accurate manner,
– To accurately set-up, monitor and maintain both new external cash deposits and maturities/roll-overs in line with dealer instructions and within agreed time scales
– Assist the Team Leader in the delivery of cross training within the team and the wider business,
– Act as a form owner for the team, ensuring the timely distribution and update of the appropriates forms within the agreed service standards,
– Update and maintain counterparty payment details in line with agreed procedure to facilitate accurate settlement,
– Administer returned payments and unallocated funds instructing return to source payments where appropriate in line with procedure,
– Review the unsettled trades report and chase for outstanding settlement in line with procedure and agreed timescales,
– Provide reasonable assurance to management that internal controls are operating effectively, in line with Internal & External regulatory requirements,
– To take responsibility for the resolution of client queries including callbox within agreed timescales
– To record errors for further analysis to prevent reoccurrence
– Review and recommend procedural changes to ensure ongoing improvement within the department
– Ensure that outstanding reconciliation items are investigated and cleared within agreed timescales,
– Ensure that all complaints are investigated and full resolution prepared to an agreed quality within agreed timescales.
– To assist with the collection of the quarterly DFM and platform prices ensuring that any differences outside the agreed tolerance are fully investigated and resolved within the approved timescales
– To assist with company and department projects when required ensuring that internal project governance is adhered to.