Reporting to the Investment Accounting & Settlements Manager, this position is responsible for contributing to monthly financial reporting, reconciliation of day-to-day investment transactions and control accounts and Fund Manager Rebate administration.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Contribution towards the production of monthly financial reports to internal and external bodies;
– Assisting with the production of the monthly management accounts and regulatory reporting;
– Have a key role in the ongoing implementation of Solvency II reporting;
– Daily reconciliation and investigation of investment transactions;
– Taking ownership and development of the Fund Manager Rebate process;
– The maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department to ensure that profitability is maintained;
– Monitoring and reporting on overdrawn policy positions;
– Daily reconciliation of Administration / Investment systems and other internal control accounts.
Skills and Experience Required:
– Good working knowledge of fund group operations including rebates;
– Experience with investments and a range of asset types;
– 3 years’ experience working within a similar role in a Financial Services company;
– An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
– Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
– Ability to plan & organise work to meet deadlines;
– Good problem solving and team working skills;
– Ability to work with large volumes of data;
– An understanding of transactions during the lifetime of an insurance / investment policy,
– An understanding of Microsoft SQL would be beneficial, but not essential.