– Applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components.
– Investigates current data structures and system setups for processes in use and designs enhancements to or additional processes to achieve the desired business solution.
– Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
– Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
– Interpret concepts, ideas and facts by using graphical representations.
– Condenses and encapsulates the characteristics of data, making it easier to surface opportunities, identify risk, and analyse trends to drive effective decision making.
– Presents findings and data insights in creative ways to facilitate the understanding of data cross a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
– Actively participate in a community of researchers; communicating formally and informally through digital media, conferences, journals, books and seminars as appropriate.
– Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects. Alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
– Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Business or Systems Analyst.
– AS level or equivalent in Mathematics, Physics, Computing, OR Degree in a computer related subject.
– Software Development experience.
– Taking innovative approaches to problem solving and/or devising inventive and creative solutions.
– Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
– Excellent problem solving skills.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
– Exceptional listener.
– Good team player.
– Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome.