Reporting to the Bank Reconciliations Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the reconciliation of bank accounts and internal control accounts and the clearance of outstanding items.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
– Reconciliation of bank accounts and internal control accounts in accordance with the control timetable;
– Production of month end packs for sign off in accordance with month end accounting deadlines;
– Identification and investigation of outstanding items and aged items;
– Download daily reports from various banks;
– Daily journaling;
– Supporting other team members;
– Assisting in providing feedback to other departments to improve processes.
Skills and Experience Required:
– 5 years’ experience within financial services, with the minimum of 2 years reconciliation experience, ideally within the Life Assurance Industry;
– Knowledge of Investments and Client Assets would be beneficial;
– Experience with SUN accounts system, Vision, Lifefit and Accurate would be beneficial;
– A good working knowledge of Word & Excel;
– The ability to organise your own work and meet to deadlines;
– The ability to ensure that items are cleared accurately and within the timescales set;
– Must be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.