– Support the timely and accurate delivery of all regulatory reporting for both local and Group requirements,
– Reconciliation of financial data back to source systems including the validation of assets, liabilities, fee income and expenses for both Policyholder and Shareholder.
– Support the management and control of expenses, through cost oversight and challenge. Including the delivery of Acquisition, Maintenance and Development analysis, business unit cost allocation reviews and project reporting.
– To support the delivery of strategic business plans including strategy day preparations, audit considerations and engaging the business in respect of input/output from the process.
– Take an active role in the finance governance committee, supporting the review and escalation of governance issues, changes and risks associated with financial reporting.
– Support Group change agenda where finance impacts are known, including automation of processes, introduction of new controls, new reporting or operational requirements by being the point of contact within the finance team.
– Support the successful delivery of monthly management reporting through supporting the review of financial reporting for all entities within the group and partnership entities.
– Continually challenge and improve processes, systems, controls and procedures across the department and group as a whole to build a robust financial system and improve on efficiency. This requires working with various functions across the Group to find and drive solutions.
Skills & Experience Required:
– 5 x GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above, including English and Maths
– Minimum 3 year of experience in an accounting function
– Competent with nominal ledger accounting system – preferably SUN accounts.
– Good accounting skills such as double entry.
– IT/computer skills with intermediate MS Excel
– Numerical skills including problem solving ability.
– Ability to be flexible and adjust to different working environments and clients’ needs
– Strong, professional communication skills – face to face, via email and on the phone.