An experienced Risk officer is required to proactively assist the Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance.
– To proactively support the Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance in the planning, designing, implementing and maintaining of an overall risk management process.
– To proactively perform risk assessments involving analysis of risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
– To proactively quantify the organisation’s ‘risk appetite’ and report accordingly;
– Provide risk evaluation, which involves comparing and benchmarking estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal and regulatory requirement, utilising cross industry referencing where appropriate;
– Ensure risk reporting is completed in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the Board of Directors so they understand the most significant risks; to management to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their departments and to individuals to understand their responsibility for individual risks;
– Undertake business continuity planning, in collaboration with the various Heads of Department including testing and evaluation of tests and exercise;
– Communicate/educate staff to understand their responsibility in regard to business continuity planning and delivery;
– Provide support, education and training to staff and management to build risk awareness within the organisation;
– To assist in the completion of the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA);
– To demonstrate current specialist knowledge through commitment to continual professional development specific to the role;
– To perform scheduled Data Quality assurance testing;
– To assist with the implementation of an Internal Control framework; and,
– To create and perform annual risk monitoring exercises.
Skills & Experience Required:
– English and Maths GCSE
– Risk Management qualification (such as Institute of Financial Services Risk Management) or equivalent
– Computer literate in Microsoft office
– Awareness of IOM FSA and FCA regulations
– In depth specialist knowledge of risk management techniques and tools gained through experience
– To have at least 3 years’ experience of working in a Risk function
– To have experience in the delivery of an effective risk management framework
– To be able to demonstrate the ability to link ‘risks’ to business processes