We are currently looking to source a suitable team member to assist with an drive a project that looks at undertakes Environmental Policies and Procedures work which respects the environment. The project will look at working in a more ecologically sustainable and the ways to achieve that. The project will be to develop the teams approach to sustainability in respect of the environment and the ecological impact.
– Creation of habitat, fauna and flora lists that we may be impacted during our work;
– Identification of priority habitats, fauna and flora , including the development of policies and procedures to protect or enhance;
– The creation of working and design approaches that improve and create habitats as well as protect;
– The audit of our hedgerows to establish appropriate maintenance procedures;
– Auditing for ‘Ash Die Back’ and development of a programme;
– The development of procedures for the importation of soil into a development to ensure it is ecologically appropriate;
– The development of procedures for designing in rivers, how to recreate a natural river bed;
– Investigation in to the ecology of sand dunes to ensure the development of an ecologically sound approach to potential coastal defence;
– To create procedure in respect of having environmental supervisors on schemes of high potential impact.
We are looking for an individual who holds a Biology Degree that has proven interest and skills in this area. A Master’s Degree in an area related to conservation management or restoration is desirable to be considered able to carry out the project and achieve the aims required, as well as having the confidence to guide the team through what is required.
A driving licence is also required as travel to locations off site will regularly be required.