Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Assistant for initially a period of 3 months but with the possibility of a permanent permanent.
– Raising Client timesheets, invoices and expenses.
– Liaising with agencies to ensure correct day rates and hours are entered.
– Reconciling excel spreadsheets to a summary amount that the agency would be sending over (matching off funds and bulk payment breakdowns).
– Running client payroll, ensuring all deductions are calculated and deducted correctly.
– Maintain and update all client files in an accurate and efficient manner (Tax code changes and deductions from earnings).
– Ensure calls are answered professionally in line with set SLA’s at all times.
– Assist with any ad-hoc projects that may be in the process of being carried out.
– Weekly and monthly pension papdis file uploads to Smart Pensions.
– Proactive chasing of outstanding invoices.
– Weekly deductions of earnings report, ensuring all payments required are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Minimum 12 months previous experience in a fast-paced contractor payroll environment.
– Working knowledge of UK tax, payroll processes, deductions from earnings and pension contributions.
– A professional, flexible and committed approach to work and colleagues.
– Excellent team player.
– Attention to detail a necessity.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Excellent organisational and communication skills.
– A common-sense attitude and approach.