Working within the Banking Operations Team the purpose of this role will involve building robust processes and procedures around the online and core banking systems in the creation of a new digital bank.
Duties and Responsibities include:
– Working closely with the Senior Banking Operations Manager, assisting in the development of key processes and controls within a new banking platform, from an online client hub, through to core banking system and out to external payment avenues,
– Review and document core banking system processes and procedures, focusing on the establishment of agency bank status and detailed payment process flows (BACS, Faster Payments, Swift and Foreign Exchange transactions),
– Establishment of payment aggregation tools (detailed knowledge of Swift required),
– Building and documenting processes around payment investigations, primarily through Swift messaging (traces, recalls etc.)
– Build testing plans and run tests in line with processes and procedures,
– Managing payment message system, Monitoring payment queues, Payment authorisations / investigations
– Identifying ongoing improvements,
– Day to day liaison with the banking system provider and correspondent banks,
– Reporting on client activities and efficiency of the systems operations
Skills and Experience Required:
– 3 years minimum experience in a Banking Operational Team,
– Detailed knowledge of payment methods, specifically Swift messaging,
– Analytical skills and ability to create new processes,
– Strong written and communication skills work in creating clear procedures that can be followed by other members of staff.