The Operational Risk Specialist will have specific responsibility for supporting, implement and embed the risk management framework across the business. This will be in line with principles and rules for managing Operational Risks across the Group.Working with stakeholders at all levels of seniority you will be providing insights, advice and constructive challenge.
Skills & Experience Required:
– An in depth understanding of the risk and financial drivers of the life or investment sectors with relevant professional qualifications or extensive experience in a key role.
– Risk management over marketing, sales, technical areas such as tax and product design, as well as risk frameworks and reporting.
– Understanding of different categories of risk from a technical and operational perspective.
– Broad commercial experience with experience in the financial services sector, particularly the life and investment sectors.
– Experience of operating in a multi‐jurisdictional environment.
– Understanding of market knowledge and regulations/legislation within industry, ideally from the financial services sector.
– Demonstrate skills in effective communication, professional scepticism, due care, report writing, data analysis and training of other staff.
– Problem Solving ‐ Analyses situations, identifies solutions and present complex problems in a clear manner.
– Influencing ‐ Develops sustainable relationships, persuasive, articulates information well, challenges ideas constructively and insightfully.
– Adaptable ‐ Enjoys new challenges, embraces change, resolves conflict, flexible support to the wider team.
– Results Driven ‐ Organises resources, establishes priorities, puts planning and governance structures in place, establishes risks.