A Senior .NET developer within this team would be expected to take part in the development of both new applications and maintenance of our existing applications, being a technical specialist able to take part in medium-complexity developments with little supervision and in complex developments with supervision, take part in the proposal of solutions with real benefits to the company and maintain a continuous improvement approach to our systems and your own knowledge. You will work with other developers and with business analysts to deliver solutions and provide technical steer where needed, as well as maintain documentation.
– Translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance & security requirements and existing systems. Produces detailed designs and documents of work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
– Advises on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance. Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a software development project, providing method specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders. Gets assigned work packages, then monitors performance and manages change control dynamically, to optimise productivity.
– Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
– Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling. Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic – and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management. Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
– Develops specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles. Translates object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints. Interprets installation standards to meet project needs and produces database components as required. Evaluates potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a senior systems developer using Microsoft tools.
– Software related BSC or equivalent experience.
– Expert in the Microsoft .NET stack and tools.
– Proficient in one or more of the following
– Good knowledge of REST API’s, familiar with SOAP, XML and JSON
– Familiar with SOA principles
– Familiar with SOLID principles
– Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
– Exceptional listener.
– Good team player.
– Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome.
– Able to positively influence and guide others.