The Operations development team is a cross-functional team including developers, designers and testers using technology to provide, maintain and support the company with websites and applications that reliably and accurately help business areas deliver a great service to our external customers by automating processes and providing self-service solutions in a secure and performant capacity.
As a Senior .NET developer within that team you would be expected to take part in the development of both new applications and maintenance of our existing applications (including legacy ones), being a technical specialist able to take part in medium-complexity developments with little supervision and in complex developments with supervision, take part in the proposal of solutions with real benefits to the company and maintain a continuous improvement approach to our systems and your own knowledge. You will work with other developers and with business analysts to deliver solutions and provide technical steer where needed, as well as maintain documentation.
Prospective candidates will join a growing team to make a significant contribution towards team objectives of ensuring that the Information Systems Department develops, delivers and maintains reliable and accurate business application systems that provide real benefits to the business areas throughout the company
Skills & Experience required:
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a senior systems developer using Microsoft tools.
– Holding a Degree in Computer Science or having demonstrable experience within a developer role would be advantageous to the team.
– Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
– Excellent problem solving skills.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Display a ‘can-do’ attitude.
– Ability to achieve tight deadlines.
– Takes responsibility for own work.
– Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
– Exceptional listener.
– Good team player.
– Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome.
– Able to positively influence and guide others.
– Understands the roles of IS within an international financial company.
– Commits to exceeding expectations and needs to internal/external customers, possesses “customer first” mind set.
– Commitment to providing good customer service.
– Ensures that work is accurate and well presented, that customer care is given priority above all else and that in both areas effort is made to exceed the minimum standard required. Shows concern for detail no matter how small. Takes a pride in doing a job well.