The Maritime Compliance Manager will be responsible for the application of the Maritime Compliance Department functions on all clients’ yachts. Providing direction, guidance and oversight to the staff and overseeing activities of the Maritime Compliance team, and other departments as required by the Board of Directors (BoD).
The Fleet Maritime Compliance Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient, environmentally responsible and economical operation of yachts receiving Service from the Company in line with the International Safety management Code (ISM Code) and the International Ship and Port Security Code (ISPS Code).
International travel will be required as part of this role.
– The delivery of the Company’s ISM, ISPS, Mini-ISM and MLC services to contracted yachts.
• Application of the e-SMS product(s) on private and commercial yachts.
• Support to the Company’s crew administration and other departments in compliance matters.
• The delivery of Company’s maritime compliance services to vessels (excluding financial administration).
• Approving the issue of Fleet Messages
• Ensuring department heads, the DPA, CSO and BoD are kept up to date on fleet status.
• Ensuring department heads, the DPA, CSO and BoD are fully appraised on any areas of risk within the fleet
• In association with the Head of Maritime Compliance
– Preparation of management review data and conduct of the Management review
– Processing of Master`s SMS reviews, with input from MC Officers and the Head of Department.
– Propose, consider and implement system improvements in conjunction with the wider Marine Compliance Team.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Previous experience as an Officer at sea in the Engineering or Deck Departments, preferably on Yachts or Passenger Ships
– Recognised STCW Officer level (Engineering or Deck) Qualifications (expired seagoing certification will be accepted)
– Qualified Internal Auditor (Quality Management Systems)
– Qualified Company Security Officer
– Recognised training or experience as Designated Person Ashore
– High level knowledge of the methods of application of STCW, SOLAS, MARPOL and MLC Conventions
– Systematic work approach and attention to detail
– Excellent communications skills
– Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines