Working within the Financial Reporting Team and reporting to the Management Accountant, this role will be responsible for contributing to the monthly financial reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
– Preparation of management information for expenses and headcount in an accurate and timely manner;
– Building working relationships with cost centre heads and answering queries;
– Assisting with budgeting and forecasting exercises, understanding and predicting trends, collating information and working with cost centre heads to understand their needs;
– Classifying costs accurately;
– Maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department.
Skills and Experience Required:
– Have or be working towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/AAT/CAT), or qualified through experience;
– Experience with financial reporting and management accounting, including making improvements to design and function of reports;
– Experience with budgeting and forecasting;
– Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel;
– Experience of using SUN or a similar accounting package;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
– A flexible and adaptable attitude with good problem solving and team working skills;
– Previous experience working within a similar role in a Financial Services company.