Reporting to the Finance Reporting Manager, the purpose of this role will be responsibility for the preparation of financial reports to maintain and monitor the cost control environment, including the processing of annual expenses budget exercises and to define and monitor the control environment for all balance sheet accounts in the general ledger system.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Preparation of comprehensive financial reports for the group’s cost base
– Production of financial information for the group’s service companies, including annual financial statements and the external audit process
– Oversee, provide input, effective challenge and insight over budgeting and forecasting for the group’s cost base
– Maintaining formal review of balance sheet account controls
– Managing a small team.
Skills and Experience Required:
– Qualified accountant
– Understanding of budgeting and cost control
– Experience of financial control environments
– An understanding of insurance company operations would be advantageous
– Strong Excel skills
– Excellent written & verbal communication skills
– The ability to work to challenging deadlines
– Good attention to detail.