To make a contribution within the Development Team towards their objectives of ensuring that the Information Systems Department develops, delivers and maintains reliable and accurate business applications.
– To undertake complete design of simple applications using simple templates and tools. Assists as part of a team on design of components of larger systems. Produces detailed designs including for example: physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes, and backup, recovery and restart procedures.
– Designs, codes, tests, correct, and documents simple programs, or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
– Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Demonstrated capability to work under supervision.
– At least one example of a systems development project that you have contributed to either in a professional or academic context.
– Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
– Exceptional listener.
– Good team player.
– Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome.