– Exploring, analysing, and implementing the company’s security systems including penetration testing.
– Auditing the systems and information management processes to identify breaches
– Developing and implementing corrective actions for security breaches
– Developing, implementing, and maintaining internal procedures to ensure data security
– A risk based approach to security
– Maintaining and updating records
– Evaluating and improving the existing security systems within the organisation
– Participating in disaster recovery plan development and ensuring these do not pose any threats to the security.
– Ensures authorised access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
– Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
– Develops security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
– Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
– Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, correct, effective, professional and engaging.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Good working understanding of the ELK stack, Linux & Tenable or similar products
– Good understanding of IT Security concepts and the role of IT Security in delivering corporate plans.
– Establishes system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
– Experience of vulnerability scanning tools
– Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
– Ability to provide strong leadership and can assume responsibility