The purpose of this role is to support the Oversight & Controls Manager in executing the investment strategy and policy relating to the Unit Linked, Open Architecture and Shareholder assets and managing the development of the unit linked fund range with key business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Ensure investment strategy is understood and articulated to the wider business and reflected in the investment content of products and management of shareholder assets,
– Develop and maintain the Investments Governance Framework and ensure compliance with the framework in line with company Policies and Standards,
– Conduct a quantitative and qualitative governance program to assess ongoing performance of a range of mirror funds,
– Lead investment related projects and act as subject matter expert to support company initiatives and regulatory compliance,
– Maintain legal agreements and investment mandates governing relationships with fund houses for a range of unit linked funds,
– Draft, submit and present reports, management information, review papers, analysis papers, and commercial and governance proposal papers to the Investments Committee for approval or noting,
– Act as key interface with the Investment Team (Finance) and Investment Experts (Products) in delivering a proposition that meets target customer segments and distribution requirements
– Ensure that assets held within the company’s products continue to comply with local regulatory and tax requirements in the Company’s core international markets and relay back to Investment Controls Team to implement into procedures.
Skills and Experience Required:
– IMC, or CISI Level 4 or equivalent preferable,
– Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or other professional investment qualification desirable
– 5+ years in an offshore life insurance company, investment or finance related environment (sales, investment proposition, product development, consultant liaison, portfolio management),
– Investment/Product development role or experience working for a global Life Company.
– Knowledge of distributors’ selling processes with experience of building relationships with distributors such as IFAs and private banks,
– Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills essential; plus knowledge of Bloomberg / Lipper Hindsight, Morningstar Direct advantageous,
– Excellent communication skills, including ability to design and deliver quality presentations, workshops and training in a sales environment.