The purpose of this role is to support the Investment Manager in executing the investment strategy and policy relating to the Unit Linked, Open Architecture and Shareholder assets and managing the development of the unit linked fund range with key business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Review the performance of unit linked funds through a combination of quantitative and qualitative methodologies in line with the Investments Governance Framework, and ensure compliance with the framework in line with company Policies and Standards,
– Support investment related projects and act as subject matter expert to support company initiatives and regulatory compliance,
– Proactively maintain fund manager relationships in support of the Company’s range of unit linked funds, and make recommendations in respect of the ongoing feasibility of maintaining funds and fund manager relationships,
– Ensure that assets held within the Company’s products continue to comply with local regulatory and tax requirements in the Company’s core international markets,
– To reply professionally to enquiries from distributors regarding technical aspects of investment fund links within the Company’s core wealth proposition,
– Support in the maintenance of legal agreements and investment mandates governing relationships with fund houses for a range of unit linked funds
Skills and Experience Required:
– 3-5 years experience within an investment technical role, preferably within an offshore life insurance environment,
– Experience of international investment market, particularly in relation to alternative investments, private equity and international stock markets,
– Experience drafting and interpreting investment management mandates,
– Knowledge of distributors’ selling processes with experience of building relationships with distributors such as IFAs and private banks,
– Microsoft Windows, including advanced Excel, plus knowledge of Bloomberg / Lipper Hindsight, Morningstar Direct,
– Excellent communication skills, including ability to design and deliver quality presentations, workshops and training in a sales environment.