Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with recent experience in a datacenter / MSP environment. In this role you will have both broad and deep responsibilities across implementations, presales, and 1st / 2nd / 3rd line IT support within the group of companies and to our clients, including:
– IT Infrastructure: implementation, installation, administration, and maintenance of our IT environments
– Cyber Security Infrastructure: support and maintenance of the cyber security infrastructure as part of the SOC team
– Security Operations Centre: infrastructure and client support to the SOC team
You will require the ability to talk tech with a non tech audience; understanding and solving their infrastructure challenges.
– Have an excellent understanding of OSI model, ethernet and windows protocols, server and storage hardware and on-prem/hybrid/cloud solutions.
This will be delivered with a good knowledge of most of the following:
– Virtualisation: HyperV, VMware and hardware architecture
– Applications: MS Exchange, Trustwave SEG, MSSQL, ESET, Connectwise, Modern Authentication protocols and MFA
– Endpoints: Windows Server 2016/19, Windows 10
– Webhosting: IIS, Linux, WordPress, HTTP Header management, DNS management and hardening
– Support: ITIL Helpdesk, managed service SLAs and Security Operations Centre
– PRTG and/or ESET software integrations in C#
– Security frameworks (ISO27001, NIST, CIS)
– Microsoft Active Directory Roles and Features
Essential: MCSA / MCSE (from 2018 or later)