As an experienced HR professional, you will act and be acknowledged as a trusted adviser to the functional leadership team(s) and will contribute to the development, delivery and implementation of the clients staff development plan.
You will be fully engaged in, and contribute to, the business strategy, working with the leadership team and the wider business to ensure the People agenda is aligned to the business objectives.
The role will guide and manage the People agenda for your function(s) across the full employee life cycle from recruitment to retirement and everything in between.
– Managing and developing talent
– Performance management
– Maintaining and developing healthy employee relations
– Supporting employee engagement, rewards and recognition
– Recruitment and selection
– Organisational design and development
– Compensation and benefits
– Budgetary management
– Employment documentation e.g. contracts, handbook, policies and procedures
– Reporting, management information and systems
Skills & Experience Required:
– Hold experience of working at senior management level
– Be a member of the CIPD and have sound knowledge, understanding and experience of employment legislation
– Broad generalist experience of working within Human Resources
– Confident communicator with better than average written and spoken communication skills with excellent listening skills.
– Evidence of the ability to practice, and coach managers in the practice, of a high level of confidentiality
– Demonstrated ability to develop team members
– Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
– Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the senior leadership and management teams
– Excellent IT skills – Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Sage (or other HRIS)
– General knowledge of employment law and practices, specifically Isle of Man and the UK
– Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes
– Excellent organisational management skills
– Ability to demonstrate ongoing personal development.