– To oversee the compliance function within the Company, and ensure compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
– Actively promote a compliance culture within the Company.
– To establish standards and implement procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
– Report to and advise the Board on the implementation of policies and procedures that they are effective and efficient, well understood and respected by all employees.
– Actively manage the Compliance Team.
– To act as subject matter expert and be available to all staff and directors to assist, guide and train them as necessary.
Skills & Experience Required:
– A least five years’ experience in a compliance role. A relevant professional qualification, degree or diploma would be desirable but not essential.
– A thorough understanding of regulatory and compliance legislation in the Isle of Man, and elsewhere as required, as it applies to the Company and its activities.
– A good understanding of regulations in associated areas of financial services.
– Working knowledge of relevant computer applications.
– Excellent communication and management skills