This role would suit a highly numerate graduate with a degree in a mathematical or related subject. As part of a small team, but with an ability to work independently, you will be expected to undertake tasks across a variety of areas including pricing and product development, regulatory / internal reporting and actuarial liability modelling, as well as having the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the company through involvement in project work.
Please note applications would also be welcome from candidates with up to two years of experience working as an actuarial trainee for an insurance company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Supporting external reporting by assisting in the production of valuations to appropriate standards and within agreed timescales;
– Supporting internal financial reporting, including experience investigations to appropriate standards and in line with agreed methodologies;
– Assisting with the development and maintenance of actuarial liability models, checking data extract routines, and maintaining appropriate documentation;
– Taking an active role in maintaining and developing illustration systems;
– Providing actuarial support to product development, pricing exercises and project work as and when required.
Skills and Experience Required:
– Be educated to honours degree level (at least 2:1) in a mathematical (or related) subject with a proven track record of strong exam performance in mathematical subjects;
– Meet the requirements needed to join the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries as a student member (or equivalent body), or already be a member of such an organisation;
– Experience of Excel, including the use of VBA, would be beneficial;
– Strong analytical skills and an attention to technical detail;
– Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels of the company in an effective manner;
– A proven self-starter with an ability to show initiative whilst asking for support where appropriate;
– An ability to write reports to a high standard.