The Financial & Insurance Risk Trainee will have specific responsibility for learning how to oversee and challenge:  capital management, credit, market and liquidity risk management, where you will also consider the methodology and the models being used; and  supporting with the preparation of the Group Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA), in close collaboration with Finance and Actuarial.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Part qualified ACA Chartered Accountant, who wishes to complete their qualification by gaining practical experience in Financial Services.
– Learner, enjoys new challenges and flexible to provide support to the wider team and business.
– A self-starter with the ability to understand the processes, controls and implications of process and control failures on the business.
– Ability to build good working relationships with all levels of the business.
– Good organisational and planning skills including taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines.
– Excellent communication skills, oral, written and interpersonal
– Good numerical skills with an ability to analyse large amounts of complex financial and risk data and present in a clear and concise format.
– Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft software including: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
– Demonstrates a ‘can do’ approach, enthusiasm and initiative.