The role of the Finance Assistant is to assist the Head of Finance in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions. They are responsible for ensuring that the organization has their bookkeeping in
order for budgets and taxes. A few of the main duties of a finance assistant are data entry into the system, preparing a balance sheet, updating financial records, and processing invoices.
– Processing and preparing financial statements.
– Overseeing client accounts.
– Creating, sending, and following up on invoices.
– Collecting and reviewing data for reports.
– Reviewing and performing audits on financial statements and reports.
– Reporting discrepancies.
– Preparing payments for employees.
– Suggesting improvements in accuracy, efficiency, and reducing costs.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Degree in accounting or finance.
– CAT/AAT qualified or studying towards ACCA
– Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software.
– Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
– Good organizational skills.
– Strong analytical skills.