The main responsibilities for this role will include; SQL upgrades, SQL maintenance, SQL security, SQL support for developers & performance tuning. As our business grows, we are looking at the potential of transforming this role in to one Group wide DBA position. We continue to look for DBA’s with a background in SQL, Oracle either as a DBA or as a Developer.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
Database performance – Play an influential role in monitoring and tuning of databases to ensure performance and operational databases.
Operations and Support – Resolve systems issues related to database malfunction.
Methods and Procedures – Provide significant input into the development, improvement and implementation of effective methods and procedures relating to:
– Database design, maintenance and use
– Data storage and backup strategy
– Database recovery policy and DR procedures
– Database access and user privileges
– Data protection, encryption and disposal
– Governance – Periodically review procedures related to the storage, access, disposal and use of data in order to ensure compliance with policy
– Provide significant input into the governance of databases.
– Provide usage and KPI reporting as required.
Colleague Mentoring and Development – Aid in the education of developers responsible for writing databases access code to ensure they are competent and aware of best practices to reduce the risk of underperforming code
Technical Expertise – Develop and maintain a strong level of technical knowledge relating to database administration.
Skills & Experience Required:
– At least 2 years’ experience in a database administration role.- Essential
– General knowledge of all aspects of information technology infrastructure hardware and software and a good understanding of current developments in information systems. – Essential
– Experience with Oracle and SQL server. – Desired
– Experience and knowledge of data warehouse solutions and development.- Desired