Take primary responsibility for database administration tasks including database creation, installation, application software upgrades, security, backup and recovery of the production databases supporting core applications.
– Installing and upgrading Oracle/SQL databases.
– Creation of test, training, production and development databases.
– Setting up and managing user accounts – owning the policy around DB privileges & security.
– Monitoring performance and tuning of the database for efficiency.
– Backup, Cloning & Recovery.
– Implementing Security.
– Configuring interfaces to other MIS applications and setting up database links.
– Compiling and maintaining full technical documentation.
– Upgrading existing database applications and core server (SQL/Oracle) software of database servers, middle tier applications servers and client machines (Connectors etc).
– Database organisation, monitoring and controlling space usage.
– Installation and testing of application software hotfixes and upgrades.
– Data warehouse maintenance planning, scheduling and automation routine creation and operation.
– Troubleshoot technical problems in order to diagnose cause and implement or organise resolution.
– Assist in the evaluation and procurement of software and major hardware items.
– Liaise with application software suppliers on installations, configurations, developments, upgrades and any other technical issues.
– Analytic data planning, development, and testing.
– Gathering and translating business requirements into technical solutions
Skills & Experience Required:
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Communicate effectively with all levels of computer users both verbally and in writing.
– Analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Methodical approach with attention to detail.
– Work as part of a team with minimum supervision.
– Flexible and willing to undertake a variety of tasks.
– Able to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines.
– At least 4 years experience of working as SQL server database administrator on Unix and Windows platforms.
– Experience of installing and configuring SQL 2008+
– Experience in Stakeholder management