Duties and Responsibilities Include:
– Assisting with the management of the Compliance Department in conjunction with the MLRO, working together to instil and foster a robust compliance culture;
– Remain appraised of relevant law, regulations and guidelines impacting the business both locally and extra territorially;
– Provide practical, tailored advice and guidance on the proper application and interpretation of laws and regulations (including codes and internal policies);
– Establish and maintain strong working relationships, trust and credibility both internally and externally;
– Conduct risk assessments, file reviews and evaluate proposed new business;
– Monitor compliance in key risk areas
– Review, maintain, enhance and test documented policies & procedures and ensure staff accessibility and awareness at all times;
– Automatic exchange of information – working with existing staff on FATCA and CRS classification & reporting programme;
– Data Protection – working with the Data Protection Officer & assisting with adoption & integration of new GDPR regulation;
– Work with and assist the Group Compliance Director in relation to group compliance strategy, policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required:
– Have a minimum of 3 years AML and compliance related experience in a senior role, preferably in a TCSP environment;
– Hold a professional compliance/AML / legal qualification;
– Have strong interpersonal skills, be articulate and confident;
– Have proven organisational skills, an investigative mind-set, and the ability to successfully balance multiple priorities and deliver to tight deadlines.