Our client is looking for an experienced and detail-driven Compliance Manager to lead their busy team. This is an integral role within which the successful candidate will manage a range of compliance related tasks to oversee the company’s overall compliance function and ensure regulatory requirements are met in a timely and efficient matter.
This role will require you to act as the company’s Head of Compliance and DMLRO, prior FSA acceptance for this controlled function is preferable.
– Management of the compliance function including responsibility for 1 full time administrator;
– Maintaining all compliance and AML registers as well as regular board and stakeholder reporting;
– Maintain, review, update and distribution of all internal compliance and AML policies, procedures and governance frameworks – ensuring adherence with all applicable regulation and legislation;
– Acts as primary point of contact with all regulatory and legal bodies including the FSA and FIU;
– Undertaking reviews and ongoing monitoring on current client base;
– Sit on several internal committees including new business, high risk and business risk.
– Act as DMLRO and provide cover and assistance to the MLRO with primary responsibility for handing any SAR and ML Enquiries from Authorities;
– When required to do so, provide compliance & AML guidance to client companies with the potential to sit as HOC and MLRO / DMLRO on client entities;
– Submit regulatory and statistical reports for the FSA, auditors and insurers when required;
– Organise and provide ongoing AML, Whistleblowing, ABC & GDPR training;
– Acting as primary point of contact for all staff on any compliance or AML queries; and
– Undertake remediation and ad-hoc compliance projects as and when needed.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Has at least 3 years’ experience in a compliance environment, preferably within a TCSP or banking position;
– Holds a professional compliance qualification or is currently working towards one;
– Has extremely in-depth knowledge of all of the requirements in the IOM AML Code and handbook;
– Has experience in CDD/EDD requirements for high net worth individuals and complex financial structures across multiple jurisdictions;
– Has in-depth knowledge of the requirements under GDPR and data protection principles;
– Has experience with AEOI classifications and submission requirements;
– Is familiar with the requirements and restrictions outlined in the financial services rulebook;
– Has a sound understanding of corporate governance and experience in developing a strong ethical and transparent culture within a regulated entity;
– Delivers accurate reviews of new business processes with a considered, systematic and proactive approach;
– Is comfortable working independently and liaising with key stakeholders across all levels of the business and multiple offices as well as managing a small team; and
– Displays a genuine passion for all things compliance with the ability to demonstrate and enforce strong principles of corporate governance.