– Preparation, presentation and sale of all meats in the main shop
– Assist the Assistant Manager/Manager to ensure that all the produce is of a high standard and all customers are supplied with the correct produce.
– Take orders from the answering machine when required. Prepare and check wholesale meat. Communicate with wholesale customers with queries and orders.
– Prepare retail meat for sale in the shop and stock the display cabinets making sure all items are fresh and well presented with correct pricing and labeling.
– Serve customers in the shop making sure a pleasant manner is used at all times.
– Ensure that the highest possible hygiene and safety standards are maintained in the shop and associated areas.
– Assist in the recording of all temperatures as required by the Environmental Health Officer.
– Clean all areas on a daily and weekly basis and keep record of such and manage other members of staff to ensure that we keep a high level of standards required by the Environmental Health Office.
– Ensure that all equipment and facilities are in a safe and sound condition, informing the Manager of any defects in a timely manner.
– Assist the manager/assistant manager in ordering stock and stock rotation.
– Complete all end of day checks and make sure answer phone is switched on.
– Delivering wholesale and retail orders when required.
– Prep, stock and monitor fish and deli produce as and when needed.