Our client is looking for a Business Systems / Analyst Manager, looking for applicants who are an existing Business Analyst Manager or a highly capable Senior Business Analyst ready for the next step.
The successful applicant for this role will be an experienced Senior Business Analyst with a proven track record of mentoring and developing team members. The team are primarily responsible for requirements engineering and software quality assurance, but are involved throughout the entire software development.
There may be a requirement for occasional travel to Ireland and the UK.
– Team management responsibility for a team of Business / Systems Analysts including all aspects of recruitment, development and performance management.
– Maintain a framework of best practice to allow the analyst team to deliver to their full capability.
– As part of the IS Management team you will influence the strategy of the IS department and drive through its implementation to see raised standards across IS.
– Influence the business to ensure that change is well thought out, appropriate and valuable.
– Ensure that the Customer Experience is considered and prioritised during change.
– Shared accountability with the Project Manager, Systems Architect and Software Developer for project feasibility, evaluation, quality and completion.
– Liaise with business sponsors and representatives to capture business system objectives, evaluate the business case and define system requirements.
– Liaise with software developers in the detailed design, programming, testing and implementation of development and maintenance projects.
– Oversee the planning and development of test strategies, risk analysis and test planning to ensure that all specified requirements are met.
– Oversee the provision of post implementation support to all areas of the business as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Should possess expert knowledge of Industry practices and processes for requirements engineering and software quality analysis disciplines in addition to a robust understanding of IS best practice and the systems development.
– A working knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies would be beneficial
– Strong written, oral and verbal communication
– Ability to work with colleagues in both technical IT and business focused roles
– Comfortable to work with colleagues across all levels of seniority
– Ability to maintain calm under pressure and persevere during set-backs
– Effective negotiation skills as required to engage with peers and team colleagues to ensure provision of excellent service and to deliver on promises
– Competent user of MS Office suite of products
– Applicants should have at least 5 years practical experience in a Senior Business Analyst role ideally including experience of Life Assurance system applications.
– Preference will be given to applicants educated to degree level and holding BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or other third level qualification in a related discipline.