To play a key role in the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based. The definition of requirements for improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability, and the quantification of potential business benefits.
The collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of information and communication systems.
– Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
– Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
– Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
– Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
– Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
– Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
– Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
– Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
– Conversant with techniques covering full range of modelling situations.
– Models current and desired scenarios as directed.
– Selects appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives.
– Gains agreement from subject matter experts to models produced.
– Reviews resulting models with stakeholders and gains resolution to resultant issues.
Skills & Experience required:
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst; or
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Life Assurance industry, where you have worked in a senior position: e.g. Team Leader, Manager, Technical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert, etc. And a minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Business Analyst/Tester.