The primary function of this role is to ensure that our companies ledgers remain up to date and accurate to provide timely financial information.
– Completion of daily bank reconciliations.
– Posting of supplier invoices and allocation of payments made in Xero.
– Posting of customer invoices and allocation of receipts received into Xero.
– Posting of salary journals.
– Assisting with the preparation of quarterly VAT returns for UK and IoM Companies.
– Preparation of monthly management accounts to Trial Balance for review by the accountant.
– Assisting with month-end balance sheet control account reconciliations.
– Assisting with the preparation of year-end financial statements.
– To assist with any ad-hoc projects that may be in the process of being carried out.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Minimum 3 years working within a finance team.
– Studying or willing to study towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/AAT/CAT) or qualified by experience.
– A professional, flexible and committed approach to work and colleagues.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
– A common-sense attitude and approach.
– Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines.