Our client is looking for an experienced Accountant for a contact to cover 9-12 months.
You will be required to work as part of a small team and will be responsible for a portfolio of property holding and investment structures. Responsibilities will include all elements of accounting for a number of structures including bookkeeping, monthly or quarterly management accounts, cash reporting, VAT returns and annual financial statements.
– Preparation of VAT returns and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) returns.
– Preparation of quarterly management accounts to include accounting for accruals/prepayments, rental income, tenant incentive calculations, bank and internal finance and bookkeeping of property manager reports and bank statements.
– Management of internal and client relationships to ensure timely production of accounts.
– Liaising with property managers on a regular basis.
– Assist the auditors where applicable.
– Liaising with tax advisors where relevant to assist with the preparation of Non-Resident Landlord (NRL) returns and UK Corporation Tax returns.
– Preparation of quarterly loan covenant calculations and compliance reporting to banks.
– Preparation of statutory financial statements
Skills & Experience Required:
– Part or fully qualified in either ACA, ACCA or CIMA, or qualified by experience working in a similar role.
– Knowledge and experience of preparing VAT returns would be beneficial, although full training will be provided.
– Must be able to work to tight reporting deadlines that are particularly focused around calendar quarter ends and take responsibility for own workload.
– Experience of preparing Statutory Financial Statements in accordance with FRS 102
– At least 2 years’ experience within the CSP environment would be an advantage.
– Knowledge of commercial property accounting beneficial but not essential.
– Working knowledge of the following systems would be advantageous – Sage, 5series, Word and Excel.