Assistant Accountant required who will provide support to the financial controller and is responsible for a number of companies within the group, processing all accounting transactions, preparing vat returns, payroll, preparation of management accounts, year-end accounts and tax returns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Code, Check and send invoices for approval
– Record invoices quickly and correctly as soon as they are approved
– If a purchase order is in place, ensure that the invoice matches the PO
– Check and reconcile supplier statements
– File invoices and statements
– Deal with all purchase ledger enquiries
– Process staff expenses
– Process debit card expenditure and allocate expenditure accordingly
– Telephone to confirm new suppliers or a change in existing suppliers bank account details
– Set up payments via Bacs, Chaps or by Cheque to settle creditors
– Ensure that all payments are processed and allocated correctly to each supplier
– Raise Sales invoices
– Raise invoices to bill all rechargeable costs
– Ensure that Sales invoices are approved by the relevant person
– Responsible for resolving customer queries by telephone and email
– Ensure that receipts are posted accurately to the debtors ledger
Cash Books and Banking
– Preparation of Bank reconciliation statements in accordance with agreed timetables to assist in the regular monitoring of cash flows of the business.
– Set up any other payments as requested
– Prepare the excel reports for circulation to the financial controller in accordance with the agreed timetables including creditors and suggested payment runs, all direct debits, accounts receivable and status of invoice approval, cash book transactions.
– Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing financial information to the finance team
– Processing and administration of the payroll for both UK and IOM companys.
– Preparation and completion of VAT returns for both UK and IOM companys.
– Verifying balances and rectifying discrepancies
– Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and accompanying reports.
Year End Accounts
– Preparation of year end statutory accounts and tax returns
Skills & Experience required:
Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, Quickbooks accounting package although previous experience not necessary.
Related Jobs (18)
- Fund Analyst on July 12, 2018