– Taking an active role in external reporting by leading in the production of valuations to appropriate standards and within agreed timescales.
– Taking an active role in delivering internal financial reporting, including experience investigations to appropriate standards and in line with agreed methodologies.
– Keeping abreast of regulatory reporting developments across multiple jurisdictions and assisting in the development of procedural changes necessary to accommodate changes in regulations.
– Assisting with the development and maintenance of actuarial liability models, checking data extract routines, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
– Assisting with the maintenance and development of illustration systems both for the production of bespoke quotations as well as ensuring ongoing adherence to the actuarial calculation specifications.
– Providing actuarial support to product development and pricing exercises, including the need to update illustration systems and Prophet models, perform profit-testing and update product documentation.
– Providing actuarial support to project work as and when required.
Skills & Experience Required:
– At least five years’ experience of working for a life insurance company
– Very strong analytical skills and a proven track record of attention to technical detail.
– Knowledge of the Isle of Man Risk-Based Capital regime with knowledge of reporting regimes in other territories being beneficial.
– The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership skills.
– A proven track record of delivering internal and external financial reporting across multiple jurisdictions and within prescribed timelines would be an advantage.
– Be a qualified member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent body), or be close to completing the examinations necessary to be qualified.
– Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels of the company in an effective manner.
– A proven self-starter with an ability to show initiative whilst asking for support where appropriate.