– Supporting external reporting by assisting in the production of valuations to appropriate standards and within agreed timescales.
– Supporting internal financial reporting, including experience investigations to appropriate standards and in line with agreed methodologies.
– Assisting with the development and maintenance of actuarial liability models, checking data extract routines, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
– Taking an active role in maintaining and developing illustration systems.
– Providing actuarial support to product development and pricing exercises.
– Providing actuarial support to project work as and when required.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Be educated to honours degree level (at least second class division 1) in a mathematical (or related) subject with a proven track record of strong exam performance in mathematical subjects.
– Meet the requirements needed to join the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries as a student member (or equivalent body), or already be a member of such an organisation.
– Experience of Excel, including the use of VBA, would be beneficial.
– Very strong analytical skills and an attention to technical detail.
– Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels of the company in an effective manner.
– A proven self-starter with an ability to show initiative whilst asking for support where appropriate.
– An ability to write reports to a high standard.