Reporting to the Systems and Controls Accountant, this role will be responsible for contributing to the controls and policy accounting and also supporting monthly financial reporting.
– Posting of accurate transactions to correct business units, analysing and correcting error accounts;
– Understanding detailed policy accounting and processing corrections for unusual transactions;
– Reviewing and analysing reconciliation and control environment;
– The maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department;
– Contribution towards the production of monthly financial reports to internal and external bodies in an efficient, timely, accurate and professional manner;
– Assisting with the production of monthly management reporting.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
– Previous experience working within a similar role in a Financial Services company;
– An understanding of transactions during the lifetime of an insurance / investment policy.
– A good understanding of Microsoft Excel;
– Good problem solving skills;
– Experience with management accounting and variance analysis;
– Experience of using SUN or a similar accounting package;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines;
– A flexible and adaptable attitude; and
– Good team working skills.
– It is desirable for the candidate to hold or be working towards an accounting qualification (AAT / CAT / ACCA).