– Preparation of monthly journal entries for expense accruals and prepayments in an accurate and timely manner;
– Classifying costs accurately, reviewing expense postings to account codes and correct as necessary;
– Maintaining fixed assets register and reconciling against records;
– Compiling and analysing transactional data for month end expense reporting;
– The maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Be working towards an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/AAT/CAT), or qualified through experience.
– Experience with financial reporting and management accounting;
– Ideally have previous experience working within a similar role in a Financial Services company
– A good understanding of Microsoft Excel;
– Experience of using SUN or a similar accounting package;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines;
– A flexible and adaptable attitude;
– Good problem solving skills; and
– Good team working skills.